Advertising Support Associate
Sky & Telescope seeks to fill a support position that reports to the Director of Advertising Sales. This individual provides advertising sales support for Sky & Telescope magazine and its companion websites, including SkyandTelescope.com, as well as other media produced by this highly respected astronomy brand founded in 1941. Among other advertising-related functions, the position coordinates customer sales orders to ensure that the products and services we have contracted for are served and billed correctly.
The position is based in our Cambridge, MA office. Travel to one or more trade shows a year may be required.
Job responsibilities include the following:
- Provide customer support, working directly with advertisers and sponsors, administering and entering contracts, coordinating advertising materials, and efficiently handling other services related to our customers’ business with Sky & Telescope.
- Coordinate production, fulfillment, and billing of print and online advertising and sponsorships.
- Use company systems and software, working with production, digital media, finance, and other departments within our parent company, F+W Media, Inc.
- Assist with all customer communications, including advertiser/sponsor-directed promotional fliers, house ads, banner ads, weekly news bulletins, eblasts, and various postal mailings.
- Perform data entry, maintain customer lists, and provide various sales-related reports on a regular basis.
- Undertake modest trade show/event logistics management, managing the ordering, delivery, and return-delivery of booth materials for the annual Northeast Astronomy Forum (NEAF) and other trade shows as needed.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and communication skills
- Appreciation and respect for deadlines and superb attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities concurrently
- Willingness to interact with customers (advertisers and sponsors) by email and phone
- Experience and fluency using, or willingness to learn, business productivity systems and services – Microsoft Office products (especially Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Willingness to learn various software systems including those involving ad server systems, travel and expense systems, and HR systems