Advertising Services Rep
This position supports and reports to the Director of Advertising Sales, Sky & Telescope. It provides advertising sales support for Sky & Telescope magazine and its companion websites, as well as other media produced by this well-respected astronomy brand founded in 1941. Critically, this position works directly and actively with customers, coordinating their business and ensuring the products and services we have contracted are served and billed correctly. The position is also responsible for substantial ad sales to the print and online MarketPlace listings and Classifieds.
The position is based in F+W Media’s Cambridge, MA office. Travel to one or more trade shows a year is required.
Job responsibilities include the following:
- Handles all sales and fulfillment for Market Place and Classified advertising, both print and online. Will work in MSG client management system to schedule ads and manage accounts.
- Provide customer support, working directly with advertisers, sponsors, exhibitors, etc., administering and entering contracts, coordinating advertising materials, and efficiently handling other services related to the customers’ business with Sky & Telescope.
- Coordinate production, fulfillment, and billing of print and online advertising and event booths and sponsorships, using company systems and software, working with production, digital media, finance, and all other relevant departments within F+W Media, the parent company of Sky & Telescope.
- Handle all customer marketing communications, including online and postal, e.g., advertiser/sponsor-directed promotional fliers, house ads, banner ads, weekly news bulletins, eblasts, various postal mailings, etc.
- Perform data entry, maintain customer lists, and provide report production relevant to sales on a weekly basis.
- Undertake trade show/event logistics management, managing the ordering, delivery, and return-delivery of booth equipment, company products, and marketing and sales materials to the Northeast Astronomy Forum (NEAF) and other trade shows as needed for sales and marketing purposes.
- Minimum of two years of experience supporting marketing and/or sales
- Demonstrated strong organizational and communication skills
- Appreciation and respect for deadlines and superb attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities concurrently
- Experience and fluency using, or willingness to learn, business productivity systems and services – Microsoft Office products (especially Excel, Word, and Outlook) as well as customer relationship management and ad server systems, travel and expense systems, and HR systems