- This event has passed.
National Astronomy Day Celebration
April 28, 2012 @ 12:00 am
On Saturday, April 28, 2012, Lamberton Middle School will again “Bring Astronomy to the Public” by celebrating its second annual National Astronomy Day event. Carlisle Area School District teachers and students will join local astronomers from River Bend Astronomy Club (East) and the Dickinson College AstroClub to share and demonstrate the wonders of astronomy.
This event is free and open to the public. It will consist of two programs, an afternoon program from 1 to 5:00 pm and an evening telescope viewing from 8:00 to 10:30 pm.
Afternoon Activities: Time: 1 to 5pm
- Learn about the upcoming Venus Transit – a last in a lifetime event
- Explore the numerous indoor displays and demonstrations
- View sunspots in the daytime with filtered telescopes
- Participate in children’s crafts
- Take a guided spring-sky tour in our homemade planetarium
- Register for a chance to win a telescope and other door prizes
Evening Telescope Viewing (Weather Permitting)
Time: 8 to 10:30pm
- Viewing of the Moon, Saturn, Mars, Venus and other celestial objects
Make plans to attend National Astronomy Day at Lamberton Middle School – a fun family-oriented festival of science and astronomy. This event is free and open to the public and includes activities for all ages.