Aldrich Astronomical Society
50 Sunset Lane
Box S c/o Anna Maria College
Paxton, MA 016102
NUMBER OF MEMBERS
Aldrich Astronomical Society (AAS) is one of the oldest astronomy clubs in New England. We are dedicated to promoting an understanding of the night sky. AAS has also been the recipient of numerous Awards. Our membership is very active. Here are some examples of what we do:
- Host sky viewing sessions (weather permitting)
- Invite lecturers from academia, amateur community, and club members
- Offer educational outreach to schools, libraries, and scouts
- Present on astronomy, space science, telescopes, and telescope making
- Get together on a weekly basis for socializing and sharing knowledge
- Steward a statewide adopt-a-library telescope program
Our club is a registered charity with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts (MGL chapter 180) and the United States Internal Revenue Service (501(c)(3) IRS code). We maintain our bylaws and other filings with the Secretary of the Commonwealth at the state website. Donations are tax deductible.
Join the club — we’d love for you to join and become our newest member!